Apologies for problems on the Google Hangouts page that muted the audio for the Tina Gilbertson interview! Tina is the author of Constructive Wallowing: How to Beat Bad Feelings by Letting Yourself Have Them. Tina turned conventional wisdom around with her explanation of how “constructive wallowing” can help in dealing with feelings. A list of talking points follows, and you can hear the interview by clicking on the BlogTalkRadio logo.
CHI FOR YOURSELF guest: Tina Gilbertson talking points:
- Isn’t wallowing an oxymoron?
- Having a good cry might not be enough
- Self-criticism is not healing
- Anger, temper, and wallowing
- The T.R.U.T.H. Technique
- Hatred, and working through it
- Self-compassion toward yourself
- Trying to replace a feeling with a thought
- The benefits of constructive wallowing
- Forgiveness- the policy and the emotion
- The wallowing end-point
You can hear the CHI FOR YOURSELF interview with Tina Gilbertson by clicking on the BlogTalkRadio logo: