The last post in this series looked at purposeful living without the overwhelm. Today I want to share a list of various things you can do to be on purpose and make a difference.
Browse through the list below and use it as inspiration for things you can do. Try what seems interesting or fun or use it as a starting point to come up with your own ideas.
Come up with a couple of small things and commit to doing them this week. It’s time to start living with purpose now.
At Home and At Work
Let’s start with a couple of meaningful and purposeful things you can do around your house and office:
• Organize your desk.
• Learn a new language or skill.
• Pick up a new hobby.
• Reconnect with old friends.
• Write Thank You notes.
• Plan a romantic dinner.
• Plant a garden.
• Cook from scratch.
• Create a household budget.
• Take a continued education class.
• Go back to college.
In Your Local Community
Another great place to look at when it comes to living with purpose is your local community. Where can you join in? And what can you do to help out? Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
• Help out an elderly neighbor.
• Trade babysitting services with a friend.
• Attend and help out at a local church.
• Support local charities.
• Run a charity race.
• Help out at your child’s school.
• Volunteer at a local animal shelter or soup kitchen.
• Donate to a local food pantry.
In The World
There’s a lot you can do to make a difference in the world at large.Some of it will mean travel. And that means a bit more planning (not to mention money).
But the internet and global connection mean there’s also quite a bit you can do from home. Here are a couple of ideas for you:
• Join and support charitable organizations.
• Learn about different cultures and languages.
• Support mission trips from your local community.
• Go on a mission trip.
• Travel and explore different cultures.
• Provide financial support to your favorite causes.
• Become active on social media to raise awareness.
I hope these points inspire you to come up with your own list to help you live with purpose right away. Find one or two of them and start implementing them right away.
Then keep coming back to your list for inspiration and to add to it as we go through the rest of this 30- day series