Your response to Capt. Dan Willis’ interview on CHI FOR YOURSELF last week was great to see! Dan talked about the challenges that first responders face and how they can be helped to do their very important jobs. I thought it was great to hear that inner exploration is being used as a healing tool, and that Spirit is taking its place in the process.
Here are some of the talking points from the show:
- just who are the First Responders?
- suicide as a growing problem among police officers
- how Dan got started helping other First Responders
- Dan’s realization that he was in trouble
- red flags that could indicate PTSD
- the lack of this type of training for First Responders
- a frightening story about a fellow officer
- personalities that might be more susceptible to PTSD
- how families can be of help
You can hear the CHI FOR YOURSELF interview with Capt. Dan Wills by clicking on this player: