I hope you enjoyed last week’s CHI FOR YOURSELF interview with couples therapist Linda Carroll, author of Love Cycles: The Five Essential Stages of Lasting Love. Linda says that love’s more challenging stages are part of genuine intimacy, rather than signs of its demise. In fact, Carroll goes as far to say that courageously moving through what comes after the rapturous initial Merge stage is the only way we can get to an authentic intimate relationship. Here are some talking points from the show:
- Can couples beat the odds and stay in the initial state of bliss?din
- Is there a point where we know that the relationship just isn’t worth it anymore?
- Red flags that pop up at the start of a relationship
- The importance of sex in a relationship
- How intimacy depends on the ability to be separate
- Something for couples to remember at the beginning of their time together
Listen to the interview by clicking on the BlogTalkRadio logo: